Welcome! To our website from Pat Burlaud:
The New York State chapter of the ACE Women’s Network is an informal network of women administrators, faculty, and others associated with or supportive of higher education in New York state. Formed under the auspices of the Office of Women in Higher Education (OWHE) of the American Council on Education (ACE) in 1977, the New York State chapter is part of the ACE Women’s Network, a national network organized by states and headed by coordinating committees within each state.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE N.Y.S. ACE WOMEN’S NETWORK?
The New York State Women’s Network seeks:
- to develop and promote the advancement of women in high education in New York state
- to increase the number, visibility, and influence of women in leadership roles in higher education
- to establish linkages among and between women and trustees, legislators, policy makers, search firms, and other organizations
- to develop an agenda of policy issues affecting women in higher education
- to support, encourage, and strengthen the state and regional associations
HOW CAN I GET MORE INVOLVED IN THE N.Y.S. ACE WOMEN’S NETWORK?
- INSTITUTIONAL REPRESENTATIVES – This person represents and serves as an advocate for women’s leadership development at her institution. The institutional representative serves as a liaison between the women of her institution and the N.Y.S. Network Executive Board.
- REGIONAL ASSOCIATIONS – Currently the New York State Network has six active associations:
– New York City / Long Island Region
– Westchester-Rockland Region
– Central Region
– Western Region
– Capital-Northern Region
– Hudson Valley Region
Regional associations function independently and have historically planned conferences and programs for women within their regions.
- EXECUTIVE BOARD OF THE N.Y.S. NETWORK – This group of sixteen women serves as the coordinating board for the New York State Network. Members of the Executive Board hold mid-to-senior level administrative positions or full-time teaching positions in higher education institutions in New York state.
Questions? Problems? Info? Contact us at email@example.com.